Brisbane based Photographer, Eve Wheeler from Photography2envy, works hard to provide you with the perfect photography experience. While I may play up my kooky personality, but when we're dealing with photography, I mean serious business.
When it comes to capturing photographs, I take the Double F approach: fun and focused. Every session is guaranteed to be a super fun experience for you, but I'm always focused on getting the best, most beautiful images. I'm kind of a perfectionist in that way. Always have been!
Since the inception of my business, I've placed an emphasis on portrait photography. There's just something about capturing people on film that appeals to me. Every single person I photograph brings something new to the plate and inspires me in a different way. While I expect -- and drive myself to get -- nothing but greatness from myself, sometimes even I'm surprised at the images I get! And you know what? The people I photograph play a huge role in that.
So tell me. How will you inspire me and my shutter finger? I can't wait to find out!
Today I want to talk about how to make your session fun and easy. We are going to have so much fun at your portrait session. I have a few tips and tricks for you to ensure everything goes smoothly and that we have a great time!
1. If this is a family portrait session, explain everything to your children so they're in the loop. The more aware they are of what's going on, the better
2. Opt for genuine over cheesy. Sometimes I'll ask you to fake laugh, but you wanna know why? Because those fake laughs turn into the real thing! A genuine smile makes for great pictures, so relax and have fun
3. Plan your entire day around the shoot. Not to toot my own horn, but you should make your portrait session the star of your day. What you eat and where you go and what you have planned for that day will ultimately affect your photo shoot. I recommend nutritious food, non-stressful activities and a relatively open day with minimal obligations
4. Put the smart phone down during your session. 'Nuff said! And I promise I'll do the same
5. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I'm here to answer all your questions leading up to the shoot, during your session and even afterward. I believe in open communication
In my next blog, I’ll be talking about what to wear, so keep a look out for that one!